Admission of Maintained Nursery Children
The school follows the admission criteria set by the Local Authority for selecting and offering places to local children.
- The child must be 2 years old to register for the nursery.
- Children will not be admitted until the term after their 3rd birthday.
- Priority is given to children in catchment area with the oldest being admitted first, in order of being registered.
- We will take names from any Newham resident but if they are a distance away, we will inform them about other schools in their area (after those in catchment of same age).
- Exceptions are made and priority is given if a child has individual needs (SEN), is a looked after child or has been referred by the Education Authority or Social Services.
- Parents are advised if they are registered at another nursery they MUST inform us if they accept a place elsewhere or move.
- Once a place has been taken up the school expectation is that the child will attend every day.
- Allocation of a place in the Nursery does not guarantee admission to St Stephen’s Reception class.
Admissions of EEG (Early Education Grant) 2 year olds
Once a family have verification of the eligibility of EEG2 funding they will be able to come and ask if we have any spaces available. When a family request this we will:
- Photocopy the letter from the Local Authority confirming eligibility.
When a space is available we will admit children according to the following criteria.
- On the Child Protection list/ being supported by St Stephen’s Children Centre team.
- Has a sibling in the nursery/school
- Lives in our nursery catchment
- Lives in Newham
Admissions- 30 Hours
Three and four year olds may be entitled to 30 hours free child care per week. St Stephen’s Nursery has thirty full time places available as part of the Maintained Nursery.
The additional 15 hours is available to families where both parents are working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family), and each parent earns a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or living wage, and less than £100,000 per year. This also includes self- employed parents.
Check eligibility criteria and apply online at www.childcarechoices.gov.uk